Welcome to the Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community! The community is made up of Hawaii Distance Learning Forum teacher members and serves as a go-to destination for peer-to-peer support. We love to see members connect, learn and grow with each other on the Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community.
These Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community Terms of Service (“TOS”) are the terms that apply to your use of the Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community. We hope that these will help ensure the community is valuable to you and serves as a platform where we can all become better together. These TOS also protects the interests of all of our stakeholders, as well as our goodwill and reputation. These terms are so important that we cannot permit you to use the Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community unless you agree to them. By using the Hawaii Distance Learning Forum Community, you are agreeing to these terms.
Every community member of ours agrees to abide by these TOS and is responsible for any violations. You are not allowed to assist or engage others in a way that would violate these TOS. We will enforce and ensure compliance with these TOS by using methods we consider to be appropriate.
We reserve the right to modify these TOS at any time without giving you prior notice. You can find the most recent version here. Your use of the community following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these TOS as modified. You agree to review these TOS on a regular basis and always remain in compliance.
1) ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS The Hawaii Distance Learning Forum (“HDLF”) provides the information on this Web site as provided in these Terms of Service (“TOS”). HDLF may update the TOS at any time and without prior notice by posting a new version at https://hidistancelearning.org. The information on this site and your use of it is subject to the most recent version of the TOS posted.
2) DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE HDLF provides you with access to activity streams, discussions, groups, forums, and a variety of other services. (“HDLF Service”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current HDLF Service shall be subject to the TOS.
3) YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS In consideration of your use of the HDLF Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to:
provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the HDLF Service’s registration form (the “Registration Data”) and
maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or HDLF has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, HDLF has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the HDLF Services (or any portion thereof).
5) CONDUCT You understand that all information, data, text, software, graphics or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not HDLF, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the HDLF Service. HDLF does not control the Content posted via the HDLF Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will HDLF be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the HDLF Service. You agree to not use the HDLF Service to:
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or harm minors;
impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the HDLF Service;
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships;
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation;
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in discussions or exchanges;
interfere with or disrupt the HDLF Service or servers or networks connected to the HDLF Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the HDLF Service;
intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law,
“stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs above. You acknowledge that HDLF may or may not pre-screen Content, but that HDLF and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, move, or remove any Content that is available via the HDLF Service and which violates the TOS. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You acknowledge, consent and agree that HDLF may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
comply with legal process;
enforce the TOS;
respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of HDLF its users and the public.
6) CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE HDLF SERVICE HDLF does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion via the HDLF Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the publicly available HDLF Service, you irrevocably grant HDLF the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers of sublicensees, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content, in whole or in part, on the HDLF Service or other publications by HDLF in any media whether now existing or which come into the existence into the future and to provide that information under the license set forth on the initial page of the https://hidistancelearning.org/ Web site. And for Content you submit for private discussions, you grant HDLF the worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the associated private discussion group.
7) INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold HDLF and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service, your use of the HDLF Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
8) MODIFICATIONS TO HDLF SERVICE You acknowledge that HDLF may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the HDLF Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the HDLF Service. You further acknowledge that HDLF reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time. HDLF reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the HDLF Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that HDLF shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the HDLF Service.
9) TERMINATION You agree that HDLF may terminate your access to the HDLF Service for violations of the TOS and/or requests by authorized law enforcement or other government agencies.
10) LINKS The HDLF Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because HDLF has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that HDLF is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that HDLF shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
11) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES You expressly understand and agree that: Your use of the HDLF service is at your sole risk. HDLF service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. HDLF and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees and licensors expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. HDLF and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees and licensors make no warranty that
The HDLF service will meet your requirements;
The HDLF service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free and
The results that may be obtained from the use of the HDLF service will be accurate or reliable. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from HDLF or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
12) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY You expressly understand and agree that HDLF and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if HDLF has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the HDLF service.
13) NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT HDLF respects the copyright of others, and we ask our users to do the same. HDLF may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the access of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide HDLF’s Copyright Agent the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; your address, telephone number, and email address; a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
HDLF’s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By mail: Hawaii Distance Learning Forum 1050 Queen St., Suite #100 Honolulu, HI 96816
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
14) GENERAL INFORMATION Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and HDLF and governs your use of the HDLF Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and HDLF with respect to the HDLF Service. Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and HDLF shall be governed by the laws of the State of Hawaii without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and HDLF agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Honolulu, Hawaii. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of HDLF to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Our website address is: http://hidistancelearning.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data